In this video, Jeff from Sorta Healthy discusses effective strategies for you as a personal trainer to attract clients while working in a traditional gym setting. He emphasizes the importance of being approachable, creating connections, and leveraging various techniques to build a strong client base.
- Be Approachable and Build Connections: The foundation of attracting clients is being friendly, approachable, and willing to engage with gym members. Smiling, learning their names, and finding common interests help establish genuine connections. Focus on building relationships rather than directly selling.
- Reflect Your Ideal Client’s Image: Adapt your appearance to resonate with your target clients. Whether training bodybuilders or general population clients, your physical image should align with what your ideal clients aspire to achieve. Consider working out when your target audience is present in the gym.
- Teach Group Classes: Participating in and teaching group classes showcases your expertise and approachability. Engage participants with your positive personality, which can lead to potential personal training clients who value your guidance.
- Build a Referral Network: Establish connections with other health and wellness professionals such as massage therapists, physical therapists, dietitians, and chiropractors. Reciprocal referrals can create a win-win situation and expand your client base.
- Leverage Social Media: Utilize Facebook and Instagram to share valuable content, such as client reviews, before-and-after photos, and educational posts. Engage with local Facebook groups and share content that positions you as a fitness authority, attracting both older and younger prospects.